The Breastfeeding Coalition of Hamilton County was formed in June of 2009 under the umbrella of the Indiana State Breastfeeding Coalition. We seek to increase the number of mothers successfully breastfeeding by creating a culture that is supportive of breastfeeding.
We welcome participation from anyone who lives or works in Hamilton County, including:
- Parents & Grandparents
- Health Care Professionals
- Child-Care Workers & Teachers
- Local Business Owners/Managers
- Government Employees
- Members of the News Media
It's the Law
Learn about your breastfeeding rights under Indiana & Federal Law HERE
Share Your Story
If you are a mom who breastfed for a year or more, we'd love to hear your story. Sharing your experience will be an inspiration for other breastfeeding moms. As a thank you, we will send you a FREE "I'm a BEAUTIFUL Role Model" t-shirt. Visit our Share Your Story page to get started!
We have big goals for our coalition this year, and we need your help!
Some of our 2014 initiatives include:
- The Breastfeeding-Friendly Businesses initiative
- Breastfeeding-Friendly Certification Program for Daycare Centers
- Supplying Copies of Medications and Mother's Milk 2012: A Manual of Lactational Pharmacology by Thomas W. Hale to Pharmacies and Medical Professionals